If you are willing to suffer the dulcet tones of Bonnie Tyler, you can use the Hero Generator to make a comic book cover like this:
Really, the combination of lotion fights, mullets, thongs, and skeevy mustaches is enough to make you think twice before going to the beach.
In the Pew Quiz I scored as a “Lackluster Veteran,” I guess because I’m not overwhelmingly enthusiastic about technology even though I use it all the time. I don’t really see why I should value my cell phone all that much. Hmmm.
Lackluster Veterans have the necessary gadgets for the information age, such as a broadband connection, cell phone, and a digital camera. But the wealth of information and communication technology possessed by Lackluster Veterans does not translate into particularly high levels of satisfaction about gadgetsâ€™ impacts on their lives. Although they seem to value internet connectivity, that is less true for cell phones.
Lackluster Veterans do not link ICTs to better personal productivity, their ability to work with others in their community, or keeping up with family and friends. All in all, Lackluster Veterans seem content with surfing the Web or emailing others, but they do not show great inclination to stretch their technology habits to self-expression or mobile media. Very few like the extra-availability that comes with having â€œalways onâ€ broadband access or cell phones.
Who They Are
This group has a median age of 40 and has a lot of online experience, as the typical Lackluster Veteran has been online for about 10 years. Most of them are men â€“ 65% â€“ and they are well educated and comfortably financially. Some 41% are parents of a child under the age of 18.
These memes spread like a horrible virulent disease. I’ve been tagged again.
So, 6 weird things about me:
1) During my high school years, I attended 4 different high schools in two states.
2) I’ve studied Russian, French, and Japanese, although I only remember a little bit of French and some Japanese.
3) A cult (or just some strange people wearing funny sheets) lived next door to my house when I was very young.
4) When I was younger and absorbed in a book, I wouldn’t be able to hear people talking to me unless they said “chocolate”.
5) I feel strangely nostalgic for defunct comic book characters like Amethyst and E-Man.
6) When I was just learning to talk, I parroted a phrase that my father taught me, “My name is Herman Goering” at Passover dinner. Fortunately, no one else could understand what I was saying.
Stolen from Amanda
You. Can. Only. Type. One. Word. No. Explanations.
1. Yourself: sleepy
2. Your spouse: smile
3. Your hair: shorter
4. Your mother: busy
5. Your father: cello
6. Your dream last night: blank
7. Your favorite drink: soda
8. Your dream car: mini
9. Your bedroom: messy
10. Your fear: clowns
11. What you want to be in 10 years: fulfilled
12. Who you hung out with last night: husband
13. What you’re not: frazzled
14. Muffins: lemon
15. Time: afternoon
16. The last thing you did: costco
17. What you are wearing: shawl
18. Your favorite weather: fall
19. The last thing you ate: sandwich
20. Your life: nice
21. Your mood: good
22. Your best friend: husband
23. What are you thinking about right now? vacation
24. Your car: v6
25. What are you doing at the moment? blogging
26. Your summer: hectic
27. Your relationship status: excellent
28. What is on your TV? netflix
29. What is the weather like? warm
30. When is the last time you laughed? yesterday
Inspired by a comment on my previous post, I decided to see where exactly one would go to find decorative switch plates. I thought that the laundry-themed one in my future home would be a unique example, but did you know that there are actually many different laundry switch plates out there to choose from?
There are library switch plates.
This page lets you select switch plates with the related themes of Elvis, Lighthouses, and Southwest Missions.
I’m slightly stunned and disturbed that there are so many varied switch plate options out there.
Saw this over at Yet Another Comics Blog
| You scored as Bebop (Cowboy Bebop). Hope you donÃ¢ï¿½ï¿½t mind being anime. Your style just fits perfect with the crew of the Bebop. Life is tough and your crew knows it, but you will find a way to survive. You always do. Now if only Faye would quit gambling all your money away.
I don’t mind being Bebop, but I don’t wanna be DS9.
Seen over at etc.
- Human beings are the only animals that copulate while facing tangognat.
- Tangognat was the first Tsar of Russia!
- The eye of an ostrich is bigger than tangognat!
- Edinburgh imports three thousand kilograms of tangognat every year!
- The horns of tangognat are made entirely from hair.
- Humans have 46 chromosomes, peas have 14, and tangognat has 7!
- Tangognat can squeeze her entire body through a hole the size of her beak.
- A lump of tangognat the size of a matchbox can be flattened into a sheet the size of a tennis court.
- Influenza got its name because people believed the disease was caused by the evil “influence” of tangognat.
- You should always store tangognat in an airtight container in the fridge.